Swedish fashion brand Lindex opens its first store in Prague, in the popular Shopping Center Chodov, on April 1 2010. The new store will offer an area of 750 m2, including ladies fashion, children’s fashion and lingerie. The opening of the Prague store marks the beginning of expansion into Central Europe, where 10 to 15 new stores should be opened this year, localities including Brno, Plzen, Czech Budejovice and Karlovy Vary. The expansion counts on strategic investments ready to be directed not only to build the retail network, but marketing campaigns as well.
Lindex has been present on the Czech market since 2007, but this year is, after two years of preparation, the true beginning of expansion. There are currently 5 stores operating in Brno, Liberec, Ostrava and Usti nad Labem. In addition to the Czech market, the company will focus also on Slovakia this year, where a new store in Bratislava opens in the Polus shopping center on March 25. It will be the third Lindex store in the Slovak Republic.
– It is very exciting for us to open this beautiful new store. The Chodov store opening is the start of our push in the Czech and Slovak markets where we plan to open 10 – 15 new stores by the year end only. We believe that our stores will really address the Czech female customers as we offer great inspiring fashion for very affordable prices, said Peter Andersson, managing director of Lindex in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Since 2007, Lindex has been part of Finnish Stockmann Group. Lindex results for 2009 were truly outstanding. Sales in local currencies have increased by 5.1% for the fourth year and are growing faster than the market in general.
Lindex offers ladies fashion including accessories, children’s fashion and lingerie. The collection consists of seasonal fashion reflecting the latest trends, always supplemented by basic clothing, which is the essence of every woman’s wardrobe. Emphasis is placed on detail and quality workmanship, design, and frequent novelties.
- Lindex is a leading European fashion brand which originated in Sweden in 1950´s
- The company initially focused on lingerie, now it offers a full range of female fashion and accessories, children’s fashion and lingerie
- After 2000, Lindex focused on expansion into new markets
- Now it is present, in addition to the Nordic markets, also in the Baltics, Central Europe and Russia
- Lindex is also operating a franchise in the Middle East and plans to enter other markets (Dubai, Egypt and Bosnia and Herzegovina) later this year
- Focus on Central Europe in 2010 with 10 – 15 new stores in Czech Republic and Slovakia
- Lindex currently has 400 stores, 5 000 employees and annual turnover of EUR 5 billion
- The plan is to double the number of stores in 5 years, with 40 new stores by the end of 2010
Contact for media:
Peter Andersson, Lindex, +420 725 865 795, peter.andersson.lindex.com
Karin Cífková, Communication Works, +420 737 283 022, email@example.com