– We see an increased interest from both customers and employees about our sustainability work, therefore we provide this annually updated information as an insight into what happens in the CSR field for Lindex. Today, many customers buy not only clothes, they are also buying a brand, and we want to show that we are a fashion company that act responsibly. This also calls for more transparency and detailed information from our side. Today’s customers want to share our story, says Sara Winroth, CSR Coordinator and Environmental Lindex.
The fashion industry is in many ways the opposite of sustainable. Therefore, we have as an individual fashion company responsibility to do what we can to act responsibly and sustainably. For us, the sustainability work are about doing what we do best, providing affordable fashion with high fashion, quality and fit while in the context of our work seems to minimize the impact on the climate, preserve biodiversity, conserve wisely with the earth’s resources and act with attention to our own employees and people involved in the supply chain. Our sustainability work is based on the ten principles of corporate responsibility stated by the UN Global Compact, says Göran Bille CEO Lindex.
– New this year is that we publish our list of suppliers and factories. We have worked with many of our suppliers for many years. Sharing our reality and our everyday work to take responsibility together with our suppliers and factories in the supply chain, is important to us. Therefore we choose to publish the names and addresses of the suppliers and factories that we have a long-term relationship with. They constitute about 95% of Lindex purchases. By doing supplier lists public we make it possible for more companies and stakeholders to work with us and our suppliers in our ongoing sustainability efforts. The remaining 5% comes from different vendors that we test during the year and will hopefully be on next year’s list, continues Sara Winroth.
– New for this year’s report is also the way we also want to share our sustainability journey under the heading ”How we interact with our stakeholders,” where you can read more detail about how we engage with our stakeholders and how we deal with some of the most material issues that we and our stakeholders considered important , says Sara Winroth
Read more about Lindex CSR and sustainibility report.
Press Relations Manager, Lindex
Tel: 46 31 739 50 60
Lindex is one of Europe’s leading fashion chains, with more than 470 stores in 16 markets. Our business concept is to offer inspiring and affordable fashion. The Lindex selection encompasses a variety of fashion concepts within women’s wear, kids’ wear and lingerie for women who are interested in fashion. Lindex is part of the Finnish-listed Stockmann group. More information is available at www.lindex.com