We all have boundaries and want to feel respected. Our planet is no different and at Lindex, we will not be a bystander in the biggest environmental crisis of our time.
There can be no empowerment in a ruined environment
We want to empower and inspire women everywhere. Labour conditions, body positivity and inclusiveness are just part of this puzzle. We must go a step further and ask, what does it take – as a woman in today’s world – to be able to feel empowered and inspired? Other needs come first: you can’t fulfil your potential without access to clean water, food, shelter and safety. These basic needs rely on functioning natural ecosystems. If our world’s climate warms beyond the limit of 1.5 degrees, it will become a world without enough clean water and food; a world of social unrest and conflict. And women are the ones who are the most affected. In this way, our vision pushes us to do more to drive circularity in the fashion industry and take action for the climate. Because the fashion industry not only depends on our planet’s resources – we also consume a lot of them.
The importance of a circular economy
The challenges we all face are not small, but we know what we need to do. We need to use resources in the best way and move towards a circular economy that values economic aspects equally to the social and environmental ones. Developing more circular business models and changing working ways from linear to circular is the only way forward and we need a system that supports this shift.
Respect the planet – our three core aims
Taking climate action
We want to make sure that our own operations are climate neutral and that we reduce the negative climate impact in our value chain. Here are our goals:
- By 2023, we will be climate neutral in our own operations
- By 2030, we will have reduced the CO2 emissions in our entire value chain with 30 per cent, with 2017 as baseline.
Having a circular business approach
We want to prolong the lifetime of our products and use resources in the smartest way possible throughout our operations. Here are our goals:
- By 2025, 100 per cent of Lindex materials will be recycled or sustainably sourced
- By 2020, we will set goals on reducing material streams and sending zero waste to landfill
- By 2020, we will set goals on design for longevity
Being a water responsible company
We want to be water efficient throughout the whole value chain, reduce the risk of water scarcity in areas connected to our operations and together with business partners provide access to water and sanitation in factories and nearby communities. Here are our goals:
- By 2025, all Lindex business partners with water intensive operations measure their water use, have set reduction goals and incorporated reduction, reuse and recycling of wastewater in the environmental management systems
- By 2025, we have removed the release of all hazardous and toxic substances from Lindex supply chain and promote transparency and more sustainable chemistry
Together – as suppliers, partners, employees and customers – we can create a future for empowered and inspired women in a sustainable world. Join us on this journey.